Safe and Natural Teething Tips
Teething is natural & it does hurt. That doesn't mean you should jump to giving medicine; there are other remedies that are safer and/or natural. Always check with your doctor as I am not a medical physician but your child shouldn't get above a 100° fever if they are teething as that would mean they are sick.
Here are my top 10 Teething Tips:
1) Ground cloves with coconut oil Mixing these and rubbing the mixture on your baby's gums is a natural numbing agent. If you want to try it out on your own gums or tongue you can see how it works.
2) Chew on green onions. Stick them in the freezer for 20 mins (just so they're really cold) & let them chew on the white end.
3) Take an organic baby washcloth & dip it in chamomile tea & freeze it. This helps with inflammation as chamomile tea is an anti-inflammatory agent.
4) Make homemade applesauce by chopping a peeled apple and cooking it down with a splash of water in a pot, then puree it. Scoop a spoonful of it into a baby washcloth and take a rubber band and tie it off so it's like a lollipop. Stick it in the freezer for 15 -30 mins and let them chew on it.
5) Take some celery sticks that are the length of your middle finger. Put them in the freezer for 15-30 mins. They will provide some cooling and numbing comfort with your little one. The eugenol in celery makes it have numbing properties which can also be found in cloves.
6) Peeled ginger is also anti-inflammatory.
7) Have them chew on a toothbrush which will also help later getting them into brushing their teeth.
8) Take the wooden/silicone @avancyshop spoon and stick it in the freezer and let them chew on it.
9) Put some breastmilk or formula into a bottle, freeze it upside down so the liquid fills the nipple. They can suck/gnaw on the nipple and it's like a safe little popsicle.
10) DIY popsicles. This is a great way to get a little nutrition into your child as appetite may decrease when teething.