1) Organic Kimono Onesies - they are much easier to put on and take off so especially as a new mom this is something I recommend (babies should always have a onesie underneath to keep their core warm*)
*unless you are in an extreme heat environment
2) PJ gowns - this makes it so much easier for changing diapers as you don't have to pull anything down or unbutton anything.
3) Swaddles - Organic Muslin Swaddles that are not bleached or dyed. Not every baby likes to be swaddled but for sure in the beginning, I think it's a nice transition from being in the womb. Remember not to swaddle their legs tightly. Only their arms and chest.
4) Bassinet or a Moses basket. Make sure it is Green Guard and GOTS certified and that it is flame retardant free.
5) Organic Mattress - I like @savvyrest or @nooksleep. Make sure to unwrap it a month before so that it can off-gas as it does come in plastic. And organic bedding.
6) While I don't think you need swings or rock 'n plays, I do think having a place to put them upright that does not impact their head shape is helpful. I like the Baby Bjorn and testing out BLOOM one.
7) If you have followed me for a while you know that I only like glass bottles, and I am not a fan of the wide nipple but every baby is different in terms of what bottle they will take. Remember to always get a preemie or stage one nipple. I like the Life Factory ones but will be testing out a number of different bottles as new ones have come on the market. I also like the Oxo Tot bottle cleaner.
8) I definitely don't think a bottle warmer is necessary. I simply use a bowl of hot water. Plus, with bottle warmers you can run the risk of overheating the milk which can destroy some of the nutrients, and it is dangerous. As long as you have a bowl and access to hot water you are good to go.
9) My favorite diapers are by Bambo Nature or you could go with cloth diapers.
10) Most importantly....Tons of love and cuddles.💓