What's in my Hospital Bag
When should you pack your hospital bag?
Everyone is different, but I like to do it 1 month before my due date.
Here are my top 10 hospital bag items (many of them are available in my Amazon shop here):
1) 3 ft long cord phone charger so it can plug in & reach the bed 👍
2) Chapstick. I like Bag Balm because it's really strong and works well in the hospital because it's so dry in there. I also love Bogavia's chapstick. (Use my code DRORGANICMOMMY for 10% off!)
3) 4 sets of pajamas for mom, at least 1 shirtdress, & a going home outfit (I like maxi dresses because typically you will be swollen), also- flip flops.
4) A few organic swaddles & 2 going home outfits for baby because your baby might have a blow out and ruin the first outfit.😅
5) Though the hospital provides diapers, I like to bring my own diapers by Bambo Nature. I also don't allow them to wash the baby with soap at the hospital.🙅♀️
6) Toiletries (headband & hair ties are essentials, too)
7) Nursing pillow- I just got a Nook Sleep 100% organic breastfeeding pillow but haven't tried it yet. Has anyone tried it?
8) I also bring a pillow from home for myself that I know will be comfortable, but bring a pillow case you don't really care about.😉
9) Belly Bandit compression socks. In my experience it takes 12-14 days for the swelling to go down so I like to get a head start with these socks. Oh and a belly band- key for helping you get your waist back, plus it really helps with pain.
10) Pink Stork prenatal vitamins. You still need to keep taking your prenatal vitamins after giving birth because you will be depleted, so don't forget!
* don't forget your hubby/partner! They will need clothes too!
What are/were your go-to items?