Handling Life with Three Kids
Handling life with three kids
If you saw from my stories last week, I felt like I was underwater with just a straw poking out to breathe. I realized that I was losing it and I didn't want to blow up at my kids. This happens to everyone and when you find yourself in this position, there are different things you can do to reset: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1) Put on some calming music
2) Put face masks on everybody - for me, I feel it is a refreshing break. The kids just think it's funny
3) Take everybody's shoes off and walk around on the grass/dirt. If you have access to this space, this can be grounding for everybody. If you want more on grounding...check out @doctor.g_
4) Taking 10 deep breaths even if you have to hide in the bathroom for two minutes.
5) Putting on an episode of good quality tv... for me that means Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. There are also some good podcasts and audiobooks for kids.