7 Home Remedies for the Flu
These are my top 7 home remedies. Remember to always consult with your treating physician as I’m not an MD!
1) For colds, I love boiling a chopped red onion in some water with a @simplyorganicfoods Ceylon cinnamon stick for about 20 minutes. Then add the liquid to a cup with some raw honey and drink. If your kids aren’t into drinking tea, try drinking it in front of them.
2) I also love @tasharoseremedies. I use the victory elixir every day for the whole family. But I give everyone her elderberry syrup the second the kids get sick or when I feel myself getting sick. Elderberry has been proven to shorten the duration of colds.
3) I use Tea Tree Therapy Eucalyptus chest rub when the kids have a cold/cough. Be advised that pure eucalyptus and peppermint oil are not recommended for young children, but I am comfortable using this rub for my children because it’s diluted. Again, always check with your doctor. @matys is also an excellent alternative chest rub.
4) @Beekeepers_naturals propolis throat spray which is for children over 4 years old.
5) Organic oregano oil for adults who are not breastfeeding or nursing.
6) When my kids get a cold, it can lead to an ear infection. I get ahead of it by making my own ear oil with garlic infused olive oil. There is also one you can buy that I have in my amazon shop. But always make sure to get your child’s ears checked by a physician.
7) Always have everyone wash hands with warm soapy water before each meal & after playing outside.
I know there is a lot of stuff on my list of home remedies here. Happy to answer any questions below!